Things to do
Attractions & entertainment
There's a great number of fun adventure activities suitable for all ages available year-round and just a short distance away from Mala Skala. You will find some tips for day trips and activities for the whole family on this site.
- Boat & raft rental – Canoe down the Jizera river, starting from Malá Skála to Dolánky (6 km) and return by scooter along the Greenway Jizera cycle path running next to the riverbank. Another trip option is starting from Spálov to Malá Skála (7 km).
- Scooter rental – in the infoshop Vejměnek, just a few steps from the apartment, where you can enjoy an excellent coffee and get tips on local trips and self-drive itineraries.
- Rockclimbing – the Suché skály formation is in close proximity to the village; an attractive place for those looking for traditional sandstone climbing with 40 ascents from I. to VI. degrees of difficulty. In addition to Suché skály, the climbing area also includes the Vranov ridge, Betlémské skály, Chléviště, Drábovna, Klokočské skály, Raubířské stěny and more.
- Swimming – in summer months the river Jizera is great for cooling down and there's a great swimming spot close to the weir, located directly in the centre of the village. Alternatively, take a short drive to the nearby swimming pool in Frýdštejn (4 km), to Železný Brod (7 km) or to Turnov (8 km), with an aqua park in Mašek's garden.
- Cycling – the village is on the Golden Trail of the Bohemian Paradise and several marked cycle trails. There is a bus line in operation with the option to transport bicycles in the summer season.
- Skying – the closest ski slope, a beginner grade, is located in Kozákov. There are plenty of other options – Obří sud Javorník near Liberec, Ski Resort Ještěd, Tanvaldský Špičák, Vysoké nad Jizerou, within driving distance is Rokytnice nad Jizerou, Harrachov or Špindlerův Mlýn. There are several cross-country skiing loops offering different lengths, alternatively there are more tracks near the town of Bedřichov.
- House of Nature of The Bohemian Paradise in Dolánky
- Museum of The Bohemian Paradise Turnov
- ZOO Liberec – the oldest ZOO in Bohemia covering an area of 13 hectares; the tour circuit is 2 km long, you can see over 170 species of animals
- Liberec Botanical Garden – 9 modern pavilions with the most diverse exhibition of exotic plants in the Czech Republic on an area of 3000 m²
- Aquapark Babylon in Liberec
- iQLANDIA – a modern entertaining and educational center in Liberec
- Urban Jump Arena – trampoline park in Liberec
- Climbing arena Makak – in Jablonec nad Nisou, over 2000 m², 90 ascent lines and 180 routes, open daily from 10 am to 10 pm
- Museum of Glass and Jewelery Jablonec nad Nisou